2008-11-03: Parsley 1.0.2 supports ApplicationDomains
This maintenance release fixes all known issues that surfaced in the 1.0.1 release. The Parsley release itself is backwards compatible and can be used as a drop-in replacement for the previous release. Only the SpiceLib dependency which was updated to the 1.1.0 release contains some changes in the Reflection API that broke backwards compatibility. So if you used SpiceLibs ReflectionAPI directly in your Parsley Application code you might need to tweak the code a bit.
The most significant change in this release is that Parsley now supports
ApplicationContextParser class contains a new
property. If you use Parsley with Flex Modules or otherwise with SWF files loaded into a separate domain you
can now instruct Parsley to use this domain to resolve class names.
Additionally the release contains a bunch of minor fixes and enhancements listed in the release notes below.
This will very likely be the second to last Parsley 1 release. Right after the
Pimento release we will start with development for Parsley 2, which will be very different. So in
a few weeks we will create a branch in SVN. Trunk will then contain the upcoming Version 2 and will
be unstable for a few months. Those of you who work directly on SVN should then switch to the
branch_v.1.0. We will work on the final Parsley 1 release in parallel, adding any
fixes for bugs that still surface, but not adding any new features except for an XML configuration
namespace for Pimento.
Now that all existing frameworks have been updated the next release will be the initial Pimento Release Candidate. The only thing missing is the manual, so you can expect the release in about 3 or 4 weeks.
You can download the new version here.
Release Notes - Parsley - Version 1.0.2
- [PSL-44] - Usage of Custom configuration namespace within template clients causes unexpected error
- [PSL-59] - Factory templates ignore singleton attribute
- [PSL-61] - NullPointer Error when ApplicationContextParser cannot load an XML file
- [PSL-65] - DefaultLocaleManager must compare the specified Locale with the current one in the setter for the currentLocale property
- [PSL-5] - Use nested errors where appropiate
- [PSL-50] - Split FactoryConfig.process method into two methods
- [PSL-51] - Switch type for return value and method parameter to ElementConfig in ParserContext
- [PSL-52] - Rename ParserContext.popTemplateContext to popParserContext
- [PSL-54] - Allow hexadecimal values in tags for numeric values
- [PSL-55] - Add URI for context_internal namespace
- [PSL-57] - The IOC container should be able to deal with ApplicationDomains
- [PSL-58] - New protected createLoaderTask method in ApplicationContextParser
- [PSL-48] - Manual: Mention the need to explicitly add classes in AS3 that were only configured in XML
- [PSL-49] - ASDoc in ApplicationContextParser refers to ApplicationContext.root method (should be property)
- [PSL-53] - Fix ASDoc for ParserContext.pushParserContext
- [PSL-56] - Remove documentation for deprecated properties from Parsley manual
- [PSL-60] - Manual: Wrong method name in Example 1.3
- [PSL-62] - Fix ASDoc for DefaultElementProcessor.addChildNode
- [PSL-63] - Manual: Error in description for ignoreCountry attribute in section 4.2
- [PSL-66] - Update Dependency to Spicelib 1.1.0
- [PSL-67] - Update Dependency to Cinnamon 0.3.0
- [PSL-68] - Update project settings for Flex 3.1 SDK