2009-01-26: Spicelib 1.1.1 Maintenance Release
This release contains primarily fixes and enhancements for the Reflection API, which was significantly expanded in Version 1.1.0. Some fixes deal with bugs introduced by that version and some deal with inconsistencies in the core Flash Player APIs. See the full release notes below.
The new version is fully backwards compatible with the previous release and can be used as a drop-in replacement. It can also be used with the latest versions of Parsley (1.0.2) and Pimento (1.0.RC1) which both have Spicelib as a dependency. Cinnamon currently does not use this library.
You can download the new version here.
This release will very likely be the last separate Spicelib release. For Parsley 2, currently under development, the Spicelib AS3 code base will be merged into the Parsley code base. Spicelib can still be used independently then though, as we will still generate separate Spicelib SWCs. It's just easier in terms of project maintenance, release management and documentation, if we integrate these two projects. For this reason you now won't see any new development in trunk in the Spicelib SVN. There will be a separate announcement as soon as the Spicelib code base is available in the Parsley SVN.
Release Notes - Spicelib AS3 - Version 1.1.1
- [SLA-54] - Method.invoke does not work anymore in 1.1.0 for static methods
- [SLA-55] - Method.invoke and Constructor.newInstance do not work correctly for methods with a vararg parameter
- [SLA-56] - ClassInfo.forInstance produces inconsistent results for Number types
- [SLA-57] - Improve abbreviation of logger name output for class names
- [SLA-58] - ClassInfo.forInstance does not work for proxies
- [SLA-48] - Properly handle setting values for untyped method parameters or properties
- [SLA-49] - Improve toString methods in the Reflection API
- [SLA-59] - Clear ClassInfo cache when a new Metadata mapping is registered
- [SLA-52] - Update project settings for Flex 3.2 SDK